There’s no better way to wake up on a Saturday morning than with the scents of banana’s and coconut filling your home. For as long as I can remember Saturday morning was the day for yummy waffles and fluffy pancakes and even though my day to day eating habits have greatly improved there’s still a special place in my belly for them. These waffles with artisan maple syrup, ghee (clarified butter) and coconut milk drizzle are the perfect weekend breakfast, when all you want to do is stay in your pajamas curled up in bed.
Made with coconut flour these are perfect for the almond allergic people looking for a breakfast treat without the allergen. Also serve these sprinkled with chia seeds and toasted hemp seeds for an extra nutritional boost.
An extra bonus is that on-top of their taste and texture these are gluten-free, dairy-free, and above all paleo. Happy waffle eating!
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Arrowroot Flour
- 1/4 Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt, optional
- 1/4 Coconut Milk, full fat
- In a high-speed blender, combine the eggs, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut milk.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium heat and grease the surface with coconut oil or ghee.
- Once the waffle iron is up to temperature, pour the batter onto the grids. Be sure to ladle the batter evenly over the surface of the waffle iron, and cook for 2–3 minutes (the time and amount of batter will vary depending on your particular waffle iron). Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles topped with maple syrup, coconut milk, ghee, and banana's if desired.
- Alone these waffles do have a slight eggy taste so be sure to load them up with your favorite toppings or the suggested ones above!